Bendigo Property Services is committed to:-
- reducing the impact of cleaning on the environment. To this end, wherever possible Bendigo Property Services uses chemicals that are deemed to be environmentally friendly.
- ensuring that all reasonable steps are being undertaken to deliver only sustainable products and services to all our clients and that only sustainable products and services are purchased from our suppliers.
- using recycled paper products wherever possible.
- a reduction of non-sustainable products and services wherever possible.
- liaising with manufacturers and the Australian Cleaning Contractors’ Alliance to work towards finding new, improved and cost effective products that will produce the best result with the least environmental impact.
- recycling, and encouraging suppliers to recycle wherever possible including metals, paper, plastics and electrical equipment
- the reduction of carbon emissions by wise use of transportation, including by buying local.
- providing a safe work environment that is aware the misuse of chemicals can lead to OH&S and environmental hazards. To minimise these risks, Bendigo Property Services is committed to providing on-going training for all staff to ensure the safe use and storage of chemicals in the workplace.
- encouraging the use of new working systems, methods and equipment to continually improve our carbon footprint.
Bendigo Property Services will pursue the following sustainability programs of action:
- Bendigo Property Services will monitor use of energy and maximise efficiency with which it is used. This includes eliminating unnecessary energy use, pursuing a program of energy conservation and reviewing water usage and using “Green Energy” wherever possible.
- Bendigo Property Services will prompt general environmental awareness and education within our staff, clients and the general community.
- Bendigo Property Services will encourage continuous thought of our impact on:-
- WATER, ENERGY, TRANSPORT, WASTE